Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tactical Tuesday: Flashlight

For this weeks Tactical Tuesday I will be featuring one of the most important tools one could have in their anti-zombie kit. But before I do I have a very funny and more importantly a very applicable story. So here goes:

The other day my wife and I were in bed chatting when we heard a loud sound on the side of the house. The sound repeated several times. Then, just as fast as the sounds started. they stopped. At this point my mind was racing. What could it be? Could this be a burglar, kids committing vandalism or could this be the real McCoy, the zombie attack. If it were the zombie attack why would it start at my house? Maybe there is a mad scientist behind this attack, a puppet master so to speak. That master would be at my house to silence me so he could take over the world with his zombie army (I have 64 hits on my zombie blog after all!) What ever it was I had only one thing to do in my mind and that was to investigate the bump in the night. So I grabbed my glock 22, slammed a round in the chamber, walked out into my living room and started to look for a flash light. Now the funny thing is I have about 20 flash lights but all of them are either broken, lost or have no batteries. I'm sure I could have found one around the house but that would have taken at least ten minuets and this problem needed to be solved now before more zombies or intruders showed up. So the only flash light that I could find quickly was one that was given to my 2 year old son for his birthday just this weekend. Now this flash light was is a particularly special one because it is in the shape of a dinosaur.
And what is even better is when you pull the trigger to turn the light on, the dinosaur's mouth opens and it RAWRS! So now that a grown man was armed with a glock 22 and a kids dinosaur flashlight I started to do a check around my house. Needless to say there were no zombies or anything else I mentioned above.

Now on a little more serious note, the Tactical Tuesday item today is obviously a GOOD FLASHLIGHT! A flash light is one of the best offensive and defensive weapons you can have in your arsenal. It is a must have because if you can't see you can't fight. Most people think a flashlight is more of a defensive weapon, limiting it to giving you light only. But a flashlight is a great offensive weapon also. Because the light can be used to blind your opponent. If your opponent cannot see he cannot fight. If you have a gun in your room you should have a flashlight right next to it. something I need to do also! And if you don't have a gun you should at least have a nice flashlight to blind a intruder or zombie that comes into your house. Remember to have a flashlight in a designated place in your house and don't move it. Keep extra batteries and spend some extra money on it. Believe it or not, all flashlights are not created equal.

The moral to the story is if you have to dig around for something it will be too late by the time you find it. Even though a dinosaur flash light is funny and not the best choice to investigate the bump in the night it is better to go with what you have rather then digging through your house for twenty minutes trying to find something better. So the best thing to do is to be ready for the bumps in the night with a nice flashlight with brand new batteries.

Until next time. thanks for seeing what I see!
Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment